Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Living in Australian time is..

a strange and unusual (self imposed) punishment.

sMore strang is the 'apology' made by the PM regarding slavery. The reason I think this is that britons did nothing more than carry out a universally accepted trade. I would be far happier if Tony Blair apologised for Britains' role in the arms trade of today. The trade in sophisticated weapons is cruel and contempory, we in the UK are at the forefront of this.

Where's the moral crusade now?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beach Bum said...

I must admit that I always found it curious that the major powers, the US very much included, did so much to promote the spread of modern weapons systems to third world countries. Money that went to shiny fast jet fighters and missile systems should have been spent on providing drinkable water and building schools.

November 28, 2006  
Blogger Etzel Pangloss said...

I couldn't agree more.

December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home