Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"I am commencing an undertaking, hitherto without precedent and which will never find an imitator.

I desire to set before my fellows the likeness of a man in all the truth of nature, and that man myself.

Myself alone!

I know the feelings of my heart, and I know men. I am not made like any of those I have seen. I venture to believe that I am not made like any of those who are in existence.

If I am not better, at least I am different." (Rousseau)



During these dark and dull winter days,

I thank God ( I am not) for the French...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Fool said...

Etzel: You made me smile. You are, at least, different - and I am thankful for that. Your input is always appreciated....even as a devil's advocate. Take care.

January 30, 2007  
Blogger Lady Bonds said...

Yes, thank God you are not French.

February 02, 2007  
Blogger j said...

well said.

February 04, 2007  
Blogger Vigilante said...

I love French fries, French toast and French kissing. At the risk of being spurned, let me also say,

Thank God for the French.

February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home