Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mushrooms.

I had a good day yesterday. I went for a nice long walk in some old childhood haunts. The highlight of the day ( apart from collecting some perfect fighting conkers, discovering a healthy looking badger set- complete with stoat skull etc..) was collecting some Blue-stales (blewits) for breakfast today.

So breakfast was great: good bacon, eggs, great sausages, seriously excellent black pudding, the last of my tomatoes and perfect button blue-stales from a fine walk.

5 Comments:

Blogger LittleBill said...

Just found you, and I was delighted with your piece. It has encouraged me to look over some of the things I wrote in college and mix them in with my political stuff.

October 02, 2006  
Blogger Etzel Pangloss said...

Thank you.

October 02, 2006  
Blogger Guthrum said...

Step away from that conker and put it down !!! Don't you know that you should be wearing googles and gloves - I kid you not, in my home county of Northamptonshire the World Conker Championships have had the Safety people descend on them- funny I do not remember anybody when I was a kid being blinded,not even by the notorious 'clackers'- you must remember them ! we are about the same age (ish)

October 02, 2006  
Blogger Etzel Pangloss said...

I seriously injured a finger with clackers. Painful, it didn't seem to deter me though.

October 02, 2006  
Blogger Guthrum said...

Obviously holding them wrong !!

October 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home